- We shall not barter our words or our silence.
- We shall write and advocate openly and honestly.
- We shall strive for accuracy, avoiding errors and correcting them immediately when discovered.
- We shall strive for balance; even in advocacy, we shall not distort or suppress obviously relevant facts to bolster our argument.
- We shall welcome and invite rebuttal, debate and discussion through comments, email, and trackbacks and social media platforms.
- We shall disclose our sources fully, through credits, links and trackbacks, unless the source, with good grounds, has requested anonymity; moreover, we shall trackback where relevant and possible.
- We shall respect copyright; our own words will be licensed with a Creative Commons license.
- We shall let the record stand; We shall not delete posts, or parts of them, unless not doing so would violate one of the foregoing principles, and shall give notice that we have done so. If we modify a post, it shall be by adding to it; and we shall mark these additions clearly.
- We shall reveal material conflicts-of-interest.
- We shall remain mindful of the IABC Code of Ethics, the Code of Ethics of the Society of Professional Journalists, and the laws of the Philippines.
At the moment of writing this policy, May 30th, 2012, no members of theBobbery team have any interest or shares in a tech company. Writers will disclose any changes to this status on their own author profile.
- Society of Professional Journalists [↩]